Sales & Marketing
VP Market Development
VP U.S. Sales
Under the direction of the VP of Market Development and the VP of U.S. Sales, the Product Manager (PM) will play a crucial role in driving downstream marketing consistent with overall Vesalio business objectives.
The PM will drive the tactical execution of product strategy and support commercial teams globally. While expanding Vesalio’s mind and market share, the PM will also collect and analyze market insights to shape future marketing plans.
This position requires excellent communication, collaboration, project management, and organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills, KOL relationship development, and influence management are equally important.
The PM will work closely with the U.S. sales team, the international commercial team, and senior management. Outside of Vesalio, the PM will collaborate with 3rd party providers such as agencies, society congress organizations, etc. Primary customer interactions will include the physicians and staff involved in minimally invasive neuro-vascular interventions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the PM include the following:
Together with the VP of Market Development,
- Develops the marketing plan
- Implements growth-driving initiatives and on-brand promotional tools to drive the adoption of Vesalio products within the targeted specialties
- Develops training, marketing, or sales materials for effective product presentations, demonstrations, and technical training sessions
- Develops product training for sales teams
- Contributes to product lifecycle planning
- Coordinates Vesalio’s presence and activities at key U.S. and international congresses
Together with the VP of U.S. Sales,
- Supports or leads physician meetings in the U.S.
- Fosters relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), physician customers, industry luminaries, and other partners to support therapy acceptance and/or expansion, and safe and effective use of Vesalio products
- Organizes strategic customer site visits to capture customer insights
- Contributes to product demand and unit forecasting
- Monitors competitive activity and industry trends
In cooperation with Territory Managers, the VP of Sales, and the VP of Market Development, develops and implements new product launches:
- Establishes effective product positioning focusing on unmet needs and product benefits vs. competition
- Maps physician targeting based on customer segmentation
- Develops creative promotional activities
- Leads logistical, promotional, and sales support activity during product launches
- Drives post-launch tracking and marketing programs to maximize sales
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge and Experience
A track record in designing, developing, and executing marketing projects that generate sales results
3-5 years of experience in product marketing, market development, and strategy/portfolio management in the medical device space with a track record of building KOL-relationships
Minimum 5 years and experience in the neurovascular, neurosurgery, or other endovascular spaces preferred
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required
Degrees or masters in business, marketing, or communication would be preferred
Proven editorial skills with an outstanding command of the English language are required
Knowledge of additional languages will be considered an asset
Perfect ease with MS Office programs is required
Knowledge of Salesforce.com administration will be considered an asset
Other Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Is pro-active, systematic, and well-organized
- Works with multiple departments and functions collaboratively and productively
- Coordinates complex projects
- Demonstrates effective project management to execute on time and budget
- Has strong planning skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Prioritizes according to end goals and adapts to changes
- Collects and organizes customer insights and other data to distill trends
- Analyzes all available information -external and internal, and creatively employs understanding for forecasting and budgeting, designing improvements to current practices, and developing creative counter-strategies when appropriate
- Is an excellent team-player
- Communicates skillfully through both verbal and written media
- Adapts to the cultural diversity of an international environment
- Handles restricted, confidential, private, or personal information judiciously
- Demonstrates a high standard of work ethics and professionalism towards Vesalio and partner teams, customers, and third parties
This role has global scope with a focus on U.S. launch
Place of Work
Dallas Vesalio headquarters
International travel may be required
Up to 40% of travel is to be expected
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; stand; walk; and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, use one or both hands repetitively; and use a simple/light grasp with one or both hands. The employee is occasionally required to use a firm grasp; push and/or pull; use one or both hands with fine dexterity; use an extended and overhead reach with hands and arms; climb or balance – including stairs; stoop, kneel, or bend; use one foot or both feet repetitively; drive a car; walk between buildings; walk on uneven ground; and to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. Normal 20/20 vision ability (with corrective lenses, if needed) is required by this position. The noise level in the work environment is somewhat quiet.